Childbirth Education at The Yoga Nest
During Childbirth Education Doula Dawna and Ifat Kent explore pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum together with couples who are expecting. This class is applicable whether you are giving birth at home, birthing center or hospital. We will educate you on what questions to ask and explore what your birth plan looks like for you.
Birth can have unexpected turns but when you have the knowledge you can make better decisions. The goal is for you to have a great birth experience. Watch the video above to get a deeper insight into how Child Birth Education classes can help you.
- Learn about your labor space and your partner’s role
- Understand the role and importance of hormones
- Discover and explore what you believe to be true about birth
- Express yourself through birth art with your partner
- Participate in activities and games to learn about childbirth
- Practice relaxation and breathing techniques
- Learn about the journey into parenthood
- Understand common medical terms and hospital culture
- Learn about ” the birth journey” and what that means for you
- Learn movements for comfort through pregnancy/labor/birth
- Build a deeper connection to your partner
- Practice journaling and meditation
- Discover and build trust in your motherly and fatherly instincts
- Learn about contractions and other labor signs
Build confidence in your body’s ability to give birth.